Saturday, July 11, 2009

A very special post

As this blog isn't just about food I cook but food in general. Hence I needed to share an experience at had last night with you. Graham and I did a date night (dinner and a movie, we went to see Bruno). Well I love love love sushi, so I try to find the different restaurants in the area. I'd seen a billboard on the highway in Hartford and it looked like a good restaurant in Manchester but I couldn't figure out where it was. Well last week when I was at Big Y I saw I finally found it! It's not just your run of the mill sushi restaurant. Oh no! It is Misaki Sushi and Seafood Buffet. All you can eat sushi? Sign me up.

So after overcoming Graham's good sense of self-preservation (he questioned the quality of buffet sushi) I wore him down and we headed on over. First awesome part: our hostess was 12 if that. I feel good supporting a family business, child labor laws be damned. We were brought to our seat, ordered our drinks and headed up to get some sushi. It was a fairly good, basic selection of sushi, surprisingly fresh. There were actually guys there making it in front of us. So main concern averted, it is not old sushi. On the way back from my first fill up I saw the second awesome thing: a guy with no arms eating sushi. My first thought was, why does that man have his foot resting on the table? Oh because he doesn't have any arms and eats with his feet. Clearly. I was very impressed.

So overall I would recommend this for the sushi fiends like myself. Better for lunch than dinner when I went. It's a lot less expensive that way and I'm pretty sure the selection would be the same. They had the basic sushi (salmon, tuna, eel etc) and those gimmicky spicy rolls and such that I normally don't eat because they're kind of pricey for what you get. But when it's all included, they delish! The non-sushi options were kind of blah, although I did not try the hibachi that they make to order, it looked pretty good. The only problem is that it's all you can eat, which is also why it's awesome. Normally I am given a plate of sushi, so when I'm full there's no more. This natural limit is not present at the buffet, so it took Herculean effort to stop eating sushi (also Graham pointing out that I was going to make myself sick). But in closing, I will defintely go there again when I want to scratch my sushi itch and only the want that basic hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment