Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Status Update

So it's half-way through week two of this experiment and so far so good I guess. The vegan lunches have been going ok. Although I'll be all right with not eating that casserole for a little while. I've switched over to a delicious chickpea/edamame/cranberry salad we bought at BJs with vegan burger on top. I think the problem with any recommendations I may make is I will eat almost anything rather than throw it out. So I will be finishing these dishes off. Hence, how I ate vegan casserole for six work days in a row.

On the cooking front the most successful dish I've made, per Graham, is sausage and pasta. Let me lay this out for you: I heated up chicken sausage and mixed it with pasta, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. I don't know if this says simplicity is delicious or my cooking is horrendous. I'll choose to go with the former. Tuesday I made this fish dish and it was not a rousing success. Too lemony for my liking. The greens were ok, but I wouldn't rush out to make it again. Wednesday was a goat cheese stuffed chicken, which I paired with couscous. I thought it was delicious but Graham was not a fan. I was proud of myself as this was a "random pick" from the recipe book and I've never made a stuffed meat like this before. I learned that Graham does not like couscous, which I cannot comprehend. The winning dinner of the week was definitely the ribs that Graham made. He put them in a crock pot for 7 hours with some BBQ sauce and it was scrumptious. I made my small contribution with goat cheese mashed potatoes. Again, excellent. I saw it on a menu at Max's Fish in West Hartford and figured it had to be great combining potatoes and goat cheese. What's not to love.

This week has been kind of a barren wasteland in that it is a leftovers week where we kill off everything in the fridge. I did bake some pork chops in bbq sauce and pair it with Zataran's black beans and rice. Four meals for around $8? Thank you very much. I have an excellent looking salad I want to make next week though, which I'll be sure to take pictures of. We're going down to Philly this weekend, so I'll be on the lookout for some tasty treats. Who knows maybe it'll be an Aubrey/cheese steak rematch. I need to get my dignity back!

No comments:

Post a Comment